March 12, 2017By: slcpsIn: General, Tips for High School Students, Tips for New Students, Tips for Parents
Hello Class of 2018!
The 2017-2018 application cycle will soon be upon us! Here are some changes that will be made to commonly used applications of California Students.:
- The new Personal Insight (essay) questions: the questions were chosen evenly during the 2016-2017 application cycle (no certain questions were answered more often than others)
- For the 2017-2018 cycle, the wording may be tweaked, but Personal Insight questions should stay the same
- There will be a new CSU application! What used to be “CSU Mentor” will now be “Cal State Apply”
- The date the application opens for Fall 2018 will be the same: October 1, 2017
- The High School Planner is now through californiacolleges.edu – if students enter their courses and grades in the Planner throughout high school, it will link to Cal State Apply and auto-fill the coursework section of the application
- Coursework will now be entered by term rather than A-G academic subject
- When coursework is entered, the GPA will calculate automatically (rather than having to calculate it yourself, as was needed in the past – yay!)
- Standardized test scores will now be shared with all CSU campuses (when you send official scores to one CSU campus via College Board/ACT, they will be shared with all campuses to which the student applies)
Common Application Updates
Just a heads up!
Schedule your family’s College Planning Assessment today
~ College Planning Source
Tags : College AdmissionHelp
Complete the application's four core sections: Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials.
- Cal State Apply Personal Information
- This section is used to gather your biographic and contact information, as well as citizenship, race/ethnicity, and other family information.
- Cal State Apply Academic History
- This section is where you input the high schools and colleges you attended, as well as any coursework completed. Additionally, you can provide information about tests you have taken or plan to take.
- Cal State Apply Supporting Information
- This section is used to collect supporting application information, such as evaluations (i.e. letters of reference), achievements, and certifications.
- Cal State Apply Program Materials
- If the specific programs you are applying to have any additional application requirements, use this section to provide the requested information. You can also view important information about each program you are applying to, including deadline requirements.